The Senior Program/Marketing Associate serves as a member of TPI’s professional staff, focusing on supporting marketing, communications, and business development efforts as well as programmatic and strategic planning work for TPI clients and projects. In addition to marketing support, this individual works collaboratively as a member of client teams, supporting specific TPI client engagements in designing, developing, managing, and evaluating philanthropic programs and strategic plans; supporting client relationships; and researching philanthropic issues. The Senior Program/Marketing Associate assumes increasing levels of project management responsibility for selected projects and programs.
Marketing, Communications, and Business Development
- Support the Director of Marketing and Strategic Partnerships in the creation, production, and maintenance of marketing collateral and events, including but not limited to publications, email campaigns, thought leadership pieces, speaking engagements, conferences, and other events;
- Significantly contribute to writing, editing, designing, and distributing marketing content and external communications, including print publications, email newsletters, website content, blog posts, news releases, social media, presentations, and reports; liaise with communications consultant, graphic designers, printers, and other vendors as needed;
- Manage social media implementation, editorial calendar, content creation, and dissemination;
- Maintain website content and updates, liaising with web developer as necessary;
- Maintain Salesforce database and internal data procedures, ensuring all information pertinent to TPI’s business development efforts is constantly and meticulously maintained;
- Produce and evaluate all email campaigns through Constant Contact, including content creation and email design;
- Track analytics on website, social channels, and email platform on an ongoing basis to help maximize effectiveness and optimize ROI of marketing efforts; produce quarterly and annual marketing analytics reports;
- Support business development efforts by designing, drafting, editing, and formatting presentations and supporting materials for prospective and existing clients;
- Under the direction of Director of Marketing and Strategic Partnership manage TPI’s prospect research process and support staff in preparing for business development meetings;
- Support TPI staff in preparing for speaking engagements, including preparing background research, drafting talking points and speech outlines, preparing advance materials, and working closely with other staff to coordinate scheduling and logistics;
- Support various TPI tracking, reporting, and organization system needs;
- Manage logistics (scheduling, booking rooms, travel, food, etc.) for internal and external events as well as key meetings; and
- Coordinate with outside vendors when necessary.
Client and Program Support
- Support clients and TPI project teams, which may include working directly with clients on certain projects to conduct due diligence on grant proposals; review funding requests; track and monitor funded projects; conduct site visits with or on behalf of clients; develop materials to support client needs; and facilitate client meetings;
- Provide ongoing project management support for programs and projects, including scholarship programs, college success programs, and other programs that TPI manages on behalf of clients;
- Conduct research and writing, including research on social issues, best practices, and model approaches; benchmarking research; community needs assessments; identifying and presenting funding opportunities, including ideas for programmatic initiatives; and preparation of briefing papers and other materials to support client needs;
- Support strategic planning and facilitation work, which may include design and implementation of surveys of key stakeholders and grant recipients; compilation of materials for strategic planning projects; interviewing key stakeholders; and assisting with preparation for planning sessions/retreats with clients; an
- Manage logistics and communications around scholarship programs; provide support to facilitate scholarship review processes; organize workshops and other events for scholarship recipients.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience, including experience in marketing, communications, and/or social media; and
- Experience in a consulting or client services environment preferred.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative, accountability, and responsibility; able to work autonomously and manage up;
- Able to work independently and be flexible, setting priorities amidst multiple and sometimes competing demands;
- Extremely detail-oriented with the highest standard for work quality;
- Experience supporting fast-paced office; good under pressure; thrives when multi-tasking;
- Strong interpersonal skills, in particular the ability to work collaboratively with a team with high standards in a collegial and patient fashion;
- Superior writing, proofreading, and copyediting skills;
- Demonstrated skills formatting and designing digital and print media;
- Proven excellent administrative, organizational, calendar management, and event planning skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong technology skills and comfort level, including experience with website platforms; (Drupal CMS and WordPress preferred), CRM platforms (Salesforce preferred), social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Hootsuite), and email marketing platforms (Constant Contact preferred), project management tools (Asana preferred); and
- Good sense of humor and willingness to be flexible.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time; and
- Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.