The Senior Program Associate works with the Director of the Asian Community Fund (ACF) and Director of the Asian Business Empowerment Council (ABEC) to advance strategies that strengthen and amplify the needs of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) residents, nonprofits, and businesses across Massachusetts. As a key partner for both these burgeoning initiatives, the Program Associate will provide operational and strategic support for a robust body of work, including meetings and convenings, communications and marketing, research and database management, events, and other administrative responsibilities.
- Provide logistical support and serve as a central point of contact for the Asian Community Fund and the Asian Business Empowerment Council:
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for ACF and ABEC Directors, leadership committees, working groups, and community partners with a high degree of agility, accuracy, and flexibility;
- Draft briefing documents, meeting materials and minutes;
- Support the prioritization and execution of next steps;
- Respond to general email and phone inquiries, and re-direct them as appropriate; and
- Act as a key liaison to internal and external partners in implementing events and initiatives, in coordination with ACF and ABEC Directors.
- Manage communications, marketing, and outreach, in partnership with ACF and ABEC Directors and TBF’s communications and public affairs team:
- Create and maintain multiple content channels, including ACF and ABEC’s webpages, email newsletters, social media presence, and print/digital collateral;
- Identify opportunities to share and amplify compelling stories of ACF, ABEC, and its community partners;
- Attend community gatherings and build and/or strengthen relationships with AAPI nonprofits, businesses, and residents across the region;
- Contribute to ACF and ABEC’s media outreach efforts, including drafting press releases, pitching stories, and developing talking points; and
- Support the marketing and promotion of ACF and ABEC’s events and convenings.
- Support research projects and database management:
- Maintain and update lists of ACF and ABEC’s ecosystem of partners, including AAPI community organizations, AAPI-owned businesses and technical assistance providers, supporters, and other stakeholders;
- Oversee management of files, documentation, and Salesforce records related to ACF and ABEC’s contacts and initiatives; and
- Conduct basic analysis and research for strategy, including drafting PowerPoints, creating Excel spreadsheets, analyzing survey responses, and preparing memos for leadership committee meetings and other regular convenings.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience; and
- 3-5 years professional work experience in nonprofit, philanthropic, and/or government sector is preferred.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Passion for the goals of ACF and ABEC and familiarity of the needs facing the AAPI community in Massachusetts;
- Strong capacity to manage and coordinate simultaneous projects and successfully prioritize among multiple tasks within a fast-paced initiative;
- Experience supporting the development, implementation, and evaluation of programming and events;
- Experience coordinating diverse stakeholder groups;
- Ability to listen and present ideas to the community and ACF/ABEC’s stakeholders;
- Strong attention to detail and cultural competency;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products - especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Database experience using Salesforce, or a similar CRM strongly preferred;
- Ability to make decisions regarding organizing own workload and work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Proactive, participative work style and the ability to receive and act on feedback;
- Resourceful and able to work independently; and
- Mature interpersonal style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work at workstation for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to work on-site and remotely, as required.
About the Asian Community Fund and the Asian Business Empowerment Council:
The Asian Community Fund (ACF) is the first and only philanthropic fund in Massachusetts dedicated to the needs of the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community. Established as a permanent resource at the Boston Foundation (TBF) in 2020, ACF was designed to develop, strengthen, and support AAPI power in Massachusetts, to galvanize and unite the diverse ethnicities within this community, and to build a stronger advocacy voice. The Fund seeks to advocate for equal access to all aspects of our society and collaborate with other communities of color and oppressed communities to build collective strengths to overcome injustice and racism.
The Asian Business Empowerment Council (ABEC) is an emerging venture seeded and launched by the Asian Community Fund (ACF) in May 2022. ABEC aims to support Asian American businesses, particularly immigrant-owned businesses, to overcome historic inequities in access to capital and public contracting opportunities, and to increase opportunities for economic growth and success.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.