The Fund Administration Coordinator (for Gifts) is primarily responsible for processing all gifts, maintaining fund information and issuing quarterly donor statements according to policy and guidelines.
- Processes gifts for all funds in a variety of asset types including checks, credit cards and securities;
- Maintains gift notification reports and communicates to appropriate staff to ensure timely receipt and processing of all intended gifts;
- Produce report and correspondence related to available monies for scholarship funds, DAFs and Designated Funds;
- Monitors Scholarship Committee progress and works with Scholarship America for grant payments;
- Sets up new funds on internal systems;
- Responds to fund inquiries by donors, including grant and gift histories, report requests and fund balances;
- Produces, mails and uploads quarterly donor statements for 600+ funds;
- Provides additional support for processing designated and donor advised grant payments throughout the year including monitoring compliance;
- Monitors Fund Admin, Gifts and Grant email accounts for incoming communications;
- Participates in the design and implements of new systems and processes improvements ;
- Identifies database issues and troubleshoots with Programmer;
- Tests changes to database and provides feedback to Programmer;
- Cross trains on processing grants for donor advised funds;
- Maintains gift records and documents per retention policy guidelines;
- Assists with the organization and facilitation of Fund Administration projects; including, but not limited to, reviewing and updating standard donor correspondences and forms as well as preparation of internal/management reports;
- Provides telephone message support to current and prospective donors;
- Assists with the update of web-based donor information and services;
- Prepares correspondence, mailings and written documents as needed;
- Maintains various department files (physical and electronic);
- Assists with preparation of materials for the annual audit as needed; and
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Associate’s degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred; and
- A minimum of three years related work experience, including strong database and data entry experience.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Customer Service experience;
- Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Attention to detail a must;
- Excellent proofreading and basic editing skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong telephone skills;
- Solid organizational skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently;
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Ability to make decisions about how to manage and organize own workload;
- Ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.