The Senior Finance Coordinator (for Grant request payments) is primarily responsible for processing grant request payments. This position is also responsible for managing their workflow of assigned processing and providing communication and reporting regarding status of payments. The position will perform due diligence research and set up new accounts for payment.
- Processes grant request payment for donor advised funds including performing all applicable due diligence;
- Monitors certain email accounts for incoming communications regarding grant request and payment;
- Maintains outstanding grant request and payable reports, communicates and corresponds with fund advisors/DDS/Finance staff to ensure quick resolution;
- Participates in the annual designated grant payment process and performs assignments as identified by the Team Project or Department Manager;
- Corresponds with over 300 designated grantees regarding grant awards and monitors grantee compliance;
- Processes payments for designated grants throughout the year;
- Performs assigned monthly and quarterly general ledger reconciliations;
- Cross-trains on processing gifts for all funds in a variety of asset types;
- Maintains and updates Grant Processing Procedures;
- Identifies and corresponds with Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) eligible grantee organizations to increase participation;
- Responds to fund inquiries by donors, including grant and gift histories, report requests and fund balances;
- Assists donors with the use of Smart Simple (the grant request portal) on the TBF website;
- Adheres to Activity Processing guidelines (e.g., closing accounts, large grant size, rebalancing, etc.);
- Participates in process improvement projects and implements changes within the grants area;
- Monitors returned checks to determine cause and improve process to minimize errors;
- Identifies database issues and troubleshoots with Programmer;
- Tests changes to database and provides feedback to Programmer;
- Assists with the organization and facilitation of Fund Administration projects; including, but not limited to, reviewing and updating standard donor correspondences and forms as well as preparation of internal/management reports;
- Provides telephone message support to current and prospective donors;
- Prepares correspondence, mailings and written documents as needed;
- Assists Fund Administration Manager and Controller with various financial reports and projects; and
- Maintains various department files (physical and electronic).
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with preparation of materials for the annual audit as needed;
- Assists with the update of web-based donor information and services; and
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; and
- A minimum of three years related work experience, including strong database and data entry experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Experience with Financial systems;
- Familiarity with grant or accounts payable processing;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Attention to detail a must;
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong telephone skills;
- Solid organizational skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently;Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Ability to make decisions about how to manage and organize own workload;
- Participative work style; ability to give and receive feedback; and
- Mature interpersonal style.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work remotely and from our physical office location; and
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.