Acts as receptionist, relaying incoming and interoffice calls, handles incoming mail, and provides a welcoming environment. Also supports the Operations team by processing invoices, overseeing furniture set up, as well as other event logistics or needs.
Beginning 3/14/22, office will reopen at half capacity. Full occupancy TBD
- Responsible for punctual daily opening and closing of office, including phone system;
- Will ensure that additional staff is trained in daily opening and closing of office, including main switchboard;
- Assists with event set up ensuring proper furniture placement and other event logistics (when office is at full capacity/hosting in person events);
- Answers and directs incoming calls on switchboard;
- Understands and stays up to date on the Foundation, its work and constituents;
- Greets all visitors courteously, determines their needs, and directs them to the proper person, conference room, and/or office;
- Serves as support and back up to Operations Associate, when necessary, overseeing the Foundation’s conference center; handles day to day group needs when necessary;
- Receives and sorts mail for entire staff; opens, scans and distributes general mail with The Boston Foundation as the addressee;
- Keeps front desk, reception area, and front conference rooms neat and organized;
- Oversees use of front supply closet;
- Updates the Foundation’s phone extension listing for all staff in a timely manner;
- Maintains and updates front desk resource book;
- Places work order requests to building management;
- Sets up new hires using new hire checklist;
- Provides Audio Visual assistance and space management to internal and external groups (when office is a full capacity/hosting in person events);
- Records TBF holiday messages on main voicemail line and makes sure that the correct message is playing;
- Arranges courier service for all staff; and
- Maintains regular attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains temporary receptionists and new administrative staff that will act as relief as needed;
- Provides broader support to the Operations/Events Team; and
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- 3-5 years related work experience in a professional environment;
- High School degree or equivalent experience required;
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Courteous, efficient telephone manner;
- Interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with others in person or on the telephone;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Microsoft Office proficiency: Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Audio Visual skills preferred;
- Experience answering multi-line telephone system and fielding calls;
- Exhibit a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Ability to make decisions about how to manage and organize own workload;
- Ability to collaboratively work
- Ability to critically assess situations and find solutions;
- Ability to receive feedback in a positive manner;
- Participative work style; and
- Ability to interact in a welcoming and professional manner with a diverse range of people.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work at workstation for long periods of time;
- Ability to work at a PC/desktop, using a keyboard, for long periods of time;
- Ability to lift 5-10 pounds regularly, 15-20 occasionally; and
- Ability to work on site and remotely as required.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.