The Marketing and Program Associate focuses on supporting marketing, communications, and business development efforts for TPI as well as programmatic and strategic planning work for TPI clients. In addition to working closely with TPI’s Senior Director of Marketing and Strategic Partnerships, this individual works collaboratively as a member of TPI client teams, supporting specific client engagements in designing, developing, managing, and evaluating philanthropic programs and strategies; supporting client relationships; and researching philanthropic issues.
Marketing, Communications, and Business Development
- Significantly contribute to writing, editing, designing, and distributing marketing content and external communications, including publications, email campaigns, website content, blog posts, news releases, social media, presentations, and thought leadership pieces;
- Working closely with the Senior Director, manage TPI’s social media strategy, editorial calendar, content creation, and analytics;
- Maintain website content and updates in WordPress;
- Help to meticulously maintain Salesforce database and internal data management;
- Write, design, send, and evaluate email campaigns through Constant Contact;
- Track analytics on website, social channels, and email platform on an ongoing basis; produce quarterly and annual marketing analytics reports;
- Support business development efforts by designing, drafting, editing, and formatting presentations and supporting materials for prospective and existing clients;
- Conduct prospect research and help staff prepare for business development meetings;
- Help to manage TPI’s participation in conferences and other events; support staff in preparing for speaking engagements and networking opportunities, including coordinating scheduling and logistics;
- Support various TPI tracking, reporting, and organization system needs; and
- Liaise and coordinate with outside vendors when necessary.
Client and Program Support
- Support clients and TPI project teams, including conducting due diligence on grant proposals, reviewing funding requests, tracking and monitoring funded projects, conducting site visits with or on behalf of clients, and developing materials to support client needs;
- Provide ongoing administration and support for programs and projects that TPI manages on behalf of clients, including scholarship and college success programs, and other programs;
- Conduct research and writing on social issues, best practices, model approaches, benchmarking research, and community needs assessments; conduct research to identify and present funding opportunities and ideas for programmatic initiatives; and prepare reports and other materials to support client needs;
- Support strategic planning and facilitation work, which may include design and implementation of surveys; compilation and review of materials for participants; and assisting with preparation for planning sessions or retreats with clients; and
- Under the direction of a TPI Partner or Philanthropic Advisor, manage logistics and communications around scholarship programs; provide support to facilitate scholarship review processes; and organize workshops and other events for scholarship recipients.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience, including experience in marketing, communications, and/or social media;
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in philanthropy, public policy, and/or social issues strongly preferred; and
- Experience in a consulting or client services environment a plus.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative, accountability, and responsibility;
- Able to work independently and be flexible, setting priorities amidst multiple and sometimes competing demands;
- Extremely detail-oriented with a high standard for work quality;
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills; thrives when multi-tasking;
- Proven ability to support fast-paced working environment; good under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a collegial and patient manner;
- Superior writing, proofreading, and copyediting skills;
- Creativity and a good eye for design are preferred;
- Experience with data management and/or analytics preferred;
- Strong technology skills, including experience with websites, CRM platforms, social media, email marketing, and project management tools; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit and/or stand at workstation for long periods of time;
- Ability to work remotely and on-site as needed; and
- Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.