The Program Associate works with the Assistant Director, Programs to advance the Foundation’s grant-making and change-making activities, strategies, and initiatives that fall under the Movements and People Strategies of the Social Justice Ecology. This position requires an individual who has knowledge of and a passion for grassroots leadership, smaller organizations, and social justice movements. The Program Associate supports the Assistant Director with grant-making, research, convenings, events, coordination, and administrative support.
- Manages calendar for the Assistant Director;
- Performs other administrative tasks as required;
- Conducts basic research for strategy papers and memos;
- Assists Program Director in preparing documents for board meetings and other convenings;
- Prepares written materials on a timely basis, including, but not limited to, draft correspondence, meeting minutes, talking points, strategy updates, and reports;
- Conducts due diligence on grant proposals and manages grant write-ups;
- Coordinates logistics, in conjunction with other colleagues, for meetings, convenings, and other events including, but not limited to, coordinating attendee schedules, invitations, meeting preparation, note taking, set-up and clean-up;
- Supports Assistant Director in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategies and investments in respective program areas, to ensure success and community impact;
- Coordinates various activities for multiple grant-making initiatives, including contributing to strategy, implementation logistics, internal and external communication, and evaluation;
- Assists the Assistant Director in tracking and reporting on foundation grant-making activities, including special initiatives;
- Under guidance of the Assistant Director, tracks and maintains program area impact and goals;
- In partnership with or under the guidance of Assistant Director, serve as liaison to internal and external partners in planning and implementing events and initiatives; and
- Under the guidance of Assistant Director, work in collaboration with other departments on special projects.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 2-5 years of professional work experience preferred;
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Knowledge of Grassroots area non-profits, leaders, and social justice movements strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with the theories and practices of racial equity and intersectionality, and how they relate to the nonprofit and philanthropic ecosystem;
- A creative thinker with proven strong problem-solving skills;
- A participative work style and ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team;
- Project management experience and ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects;
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines and ability to proactively communicate with others when barriers to meeting deadlines arise;
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able and excited to give and receiving feedback in a positive manner;
- Resourceful and able to work independently;
- Ability to interact well with a diverse range of people, ideas, and opinions; and
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Excel and Power Point required.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work remotely from home office throughout the remainder of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while utilizing a computer monitor and keyboard;
- Ability to carry up to 25 pounds.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.