The Program Associate works with the Education Team, and the Associate Vice President, Education to Career to advance the Foundation’s grant-making and change-making activities, strategies, and initiatives in the Education program area. As a key partner to the Associate Vice President, this position requires an individual who has strong attention to detail, as well as knowledge of and a passion for Education. In this position the Program Associate supports grantmaking, research, convening, events, coordination and handles other administrative responsibilities.
- Supports Associate Vice President in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategies and investments in the Education program area to ensure success and community impact;
- Develops/Maintains familiarity with and stays informed of activities in the Education field;
- Maintains and manages current calendars and appointments for the Associate Vice President and (as needed) the Education team; and performs other administrative tasks as required;
- Assists Associate Vice President in tracking and reporting on foundation grantmaking activities, including budgets, special initiatives and funder collaborations;
- Conducts basic research for strategy papers and memos and assists Associate Vice President in preparing strategy documents for board meetings and other convenings;
- Under guidance of the Associate Vice President, tracks and maintains program area impact and goals;
- Prepares various written materials on a timely basis, including due diligence of grant proposals, drafts correspondence, meeting minutes, and strategy updates, reports and other related materials;
- Serves as key liaison to internal and external partners in planning and implementing events and initiatives;
- Coordinates, in conjunction with other colleagues, all aspects of meetings, convenings, and other events (including coordinating attendee schedules, invitations, meeting preparation, note taking, set-up and clean-up);
- Undertakes special projects in collaboration with other departments as required, such as conference/meeting support and coordination; and
- Participates in various other Programs Department activities as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree is preferred; and
- 3-5 years professional work experience, in the Education field is preferred.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Knowledge of Boston neighborhoods and area schools and non-profits is strongly preferred;
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects; organize and coordinate projects with multiple components;
- Attention to detail;
- Coordinate teamwork and work as part of a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing and implementing complex activities;
- Computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products. Skill with Excel and Power Point required;
- Understanding of and commitment to the Foundation’s mission;
- A creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- A participative work style and the ability to receive feedback;
- Resourceful and able to work independently; and
- Mature interpersonal style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.