Provides organizational and logistical support to the Philanthropy Operations team, non-DAF acknowledgement letters and special fund projects such as the New Commonwealth Fund and King Boston.
- Coordinate the gift acknowledgement letter process for all non-Donor Advised Fund gifts, in collaboration with Donor Services and Fund Administration;
- Maintain prospect, donor and fund records in Salesforce database and ensure timely entry of activities;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to implement and uphold data integrity protocols to ensure accurate reporting and inform departmental activities;
- Run reports from Salesforce and Foundation Power databases, and review and analyze data related to donor and prospect activities, gifts, and grants;
- Support calendar for department as requested by the Philanthropy Administration Officer (PAO), including departmental meeting scheduling;
- Prepare, administer, track, and file contracts for consultants and vendors, invoices, and grant agreements, under PAO supervision;
- Track gifts, prospects and donors in our Salesforce database including notifications for expected gifts, maintaining prospect data and research, and logging all relevant activities in a timely and collaborative process to ensure accurate reporting and information;
- Report gifts, activities and events to internal stakeholders and external consultants to share, review and analyze data related to donors, prospects, activities, gifts and grants under the supervision of the PAO;
- Provide administrative support for internal staff and special projects (King Boston and New Commonwealth Fund), meetings and events; sometimes in coordination with the TBF Events Team; including expenses, invitations, tracking and coordination of guest lists, and follow up correspondence;
- Oversee grants administration processes, in partnership with DDS colleagues and the Finance team, to ensure timely and accurate execution of grants for donor advised and other funds;
- Field donor and prospect inquiries via telephone, correspondence and email; and
- Provide general administrative support to other department team members as requested.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience; and
- At least 3 years of office-based administrative work experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Proven organization skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent written and verbal skills; strong customer service orientation;
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills;
- Knowledge of non-profit administration a plus;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products - especially Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point;
- Salesforce or other related database experience strongly preferred;
- Excellent data management and reporting skills;
- Professional and mature interpersonal work style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
- Ability to adjust work activity to various management styles;
- Ability to make decisions regarding organizing own workload and managing multiple assigned tasks;
- Must be independent, proactive and able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Team player with participatory work style and a sense of humor;
- Ability to give and receive productive feedback;
- Willingness and ability to work outside the regularly scheduled work day as needed;
- Strong goal orientation with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities; and
- Willingness and ability to handle confidential information.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds, occasionally.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.