The Philanthropy Assistant supports strategic fundraising efforts to grow major gift initiatives and giving to the Annual Campaign for Civic Leadership.
- Supports the Major Gifts Fundraising team in achieving fundraising goals for priority initiatives, annual giving and special funding opportunities;
- Drafts general correspondence, other written communications and prepares development packets and other materials;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to implement and uphold data integrity protocols to ensure accurate reporting,
- Performs data management;
- Runs portfolio and prospect reports, and quarterly financial reports;
- Maintains prospect and donor records in Salesforce database and ensures timely entry of activities;
- Conducts donor research, prepares profiles and executive briefings;
- Runs reports from Salesforce and Foundation Power databases, and reviews and analyzes data related to donor and prospect activities, gifts, and grants;
- Provides technical and logistical support for donor events including, but not limited to, maintaining and supporting timelines, activities, deadlines, tracking and coordination of guest lists, invitation mailings and follow up correspondence, and completing research briefings;
- Assists with occasional events in the mornings (prior to 9:00am) and evenings (after 5:00pm);
- Fields inquiries from prospects/donors via telephone, correspondence and email;
- Provides support to Senior Director of Leadership Giving, including assistance on calendars, providing support in advance, during and after meetings, handling travel arrangements and providing other day-to-day assistance;
- Processes and submits expense reports and department invoices as needed; and
- Provides general administrative support to other department team members as requested.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience; and
- At least 2 years of work experience including familiarity in fundraising, data integrity and analysis.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong customer service skillset and orientation;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products - especially Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point;
- Database experience (Salesforce) strongly preferred;
- Familiarity and comfort with social media outlets (platforms);
- Excellent data management and reporting skills;\
- Professional and mature interpersonal work style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
- Ability to adjust work activity to various management styles;
- Ability to make decisions regarding organizing own workload and managing multiple tasks;
- Must be independent, proactive and able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Participatory work style, team player and sense of humor;
- Ability to give and receive productive feedback;
- Strong goal orientation with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities; and
- Willingness and ability to handle confidential information.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 12 pounds, occasionally.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.