The Philanthropy Assistant provides administrative support to the Gift Planning and Professional Advisor Relations team.
- Provide general administrative support to team members as requested;
- Provide support for e-blasts and other communications;
- Provide technical and administrative support for events including managing timelines and activities in coordination with the Events Team, tracking and coordination of guest lists, invitation mailings and follow-up correspondence; assist with occasional events in the mornings (prior to 9:00am) and evenings (after 5:00pm);
- Support the team in advance, during and after meetings as appropriate including research, preparation of development packets, travel arrangements and expense reimbursements;
- Provide key administrative support to maintain prospect, donor and fund records in Salesforce database; ensure timely entry of activities;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to implement and uphold data integrity protocols to ensure accurate reporting and inform departmental activities;
- Run reports from Salesforce and Foundation Power databases;
- Manage calendars for the team;
- Process and submit expense reports and invoices on a semi-monthly basis;
- Maintain notes and agendas for committee and team meetings;
- Assist with correspondence, mailings and written communications; and
- Complete Gift Processing Forms for received gifts.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent; and
- At least 3 years of office-based administrative work experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Excellent organization skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to follow a task through to completion, proactively reporting on progress;
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products - especially Outlook, Word, and Power Point; Salesforce or other database experience a plus;
- Excellent data management and reporting skills;
- Professional and mature interpersonal work style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
- Ability to adjust work activity to various management styles;
- Ability to make decisions regarding organizing own workload and managing multiple tasks;
- Must be independent, proactive and able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Participatory work style; team player and sense of humor; ability to give and receive feedback;
- Willingness and ability to work outside the regularly scheduled work day as needed;
- Strong goal orientation with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities; and
- Willingness and ability to handle confidential information.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, occasionally.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.