The Manager of Investment Engagement, reporting to the Director of Investment Engagement and Communication will be an important member of the growing NCF team, and critical to the prospecting and building a pipeline of potential investors and partners to ensure we raise $3M annually.
- Deepen Investor Pipeline and Partner Relations:
- Prospecting and research for funders that might support NCF financially
- Create profiles on relevant investors/partners for NCF leadership in preparation of key meetings and relationship building.
- Prepare reports to funders and support the annual impact report content
- Manage grant submissions, individual donor solicitations, and other relevant fundraising efforts.
- Impact and Assessment:
- Serve as the liaison to any institutional research and evaluation partners
- Communication and Connector:
- Relevant report writing for key investors and partners.
- Foster a collaborative relationship with potential partners.
- Create and manage content related to potential or new partners.
- Manage social media content and cadence in alignment with communication strategy.
Support the Director of Investment Engagement and Communication and the President in key projects including but not limited to:
- Investor event logistics.
- Participate in various external, internal meetings, and learning opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned related to NCF’s mission or to support partners, funders, or other stakeholders.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and
- At least two years of relevant work experience (including internships and summer positions).
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Strong research, writing, proofreading and basic editing skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills, and attention to detail;
- Customer-service orientation and problem-solving attitude, along with strong interpersonal and collaborative skills;
- Experience and/or ability to successfully prospect and research for funders;
- Experience and/or ability to successfully manage social media content in alignment with a strategy;
- Experience successfully managing and coordinating event logistics;
- Skilled problem-solver and self-starter;
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products including Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel, as well as Internet research and CRM system management (i.e., Salesforce);
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, organize and manage projects with multiple components, and implement complex activities;
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of individuals to meet project objectives within established timelines;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively move from strategy to details in a seamless way;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and evolving environment; and
- Good sense of humor and willingness to be flexible.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work for long periods of time at a workstation;
- Ability to use a computer monitor and keyboard for long periods of time; and
- Ability to travel across the state to meet with key partners.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.