This position holds multiple responsibilities in serving the organization in an administrative capacity and supporting the system end-user community. This position is responsible for managing and supporting the end-user experience related to IT systems and ensuring that TBF staff receive the appropriate level of technical support including from the IT Managed Service Provider (MSP).
The areas of responsibility include the support, tracking, and administration of the computer hardware, business software licenses, and the day-to-day liaison with the MSP. IT Support manager will also have secondary responsibility to support Salesforce and Donor Portal and Grant Making technology (SmartSimple). This role requires an individual who is meticulous, solutions-oriented, highly motivated, and able to truly thrive on helping others to succeed.
- Perform or oversee all necessary troubleshooting, maintenance, and support activities related to technology, including but not limited to computers, monitors, mobile devices, peripherals, firewalls, WAN, LAN, printers, scanners, telephones, and other office technology with assistance from our MSP;
- Provide new equipment with standard software set, deliver to new employees and explain functionality of basic applications and assist with remote workers setup;
- Perform or oversee technical support and assistance related to Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, Salesforce, and other systems used broadly throughout the organization;
- Collaborate with the IT team to identify recurring issues and propose process improvements to enhance IT support services;
- Maintain and update IT inventory records, ensuring hardware and software assets are well-tracked and accounted for;
- Establish relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders to ensure technology solutions are delivered to meet business needs; and
- Participate in IT projects, upgrades, and system migrations, as required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Salesforce administration support;
- Grant Making/Donor Portal administration support;
- AV/Conference Room technology support;
- Participate in the creation of the annual IT budget and monitor spending; and
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of work-related experience in a professional environment demonstrating a strong command of the following:
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 Operating Systems, MS365 (Exchange, Azure AD, SharePoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.);
- Computers, monitors, mobile devices, peripherals, firewalls, WAN, LAN, printers, scanners, telephones; and
- Mac experience a plus.
- Audio Visual technology experience preferred but not required; and
- Salesforce experience preferred but not required.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Self-starter, customer service focused, excellent interpersonal, active listening, problem-solving, troubleshooting and project management skills are required;
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate solutions with both passion and clarity to non‐technical audiences;
- Must have demonstrated the ability to exercise discretion and utmost confidentiality;
- Committed to meeting deadlines;
- Able to support all internal technology systems and respond to users’ needs in a timely manner with dedication and the ability to provide the highest level of technical customer service;
- Highly adaptable and can think strategically and creatively in a complex environment;
- Comfortable with working independently in a dynamic environment while managing competing projects and priorities; and
- Committed to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work on-site and remotely, as required;
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time;
- Ability to install and service technology equipment; and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds on a regular basis
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.