Provides overall administrative support to the Human Resources department, including invoice processing, file maintenance, event coordination, scheduling, and other duties as assigned.
- Maintains Human Resources files, including active employees, terminated employees, and I-9 forms in compliance with federal and state law;
- Processes HR department invoices in an accurate and timely manner including monthly benefit invoices, AMEX statements, and miscellaneous invoices;
- Prepares and mails (when applicable) packets for full time and part time new hires, interns, and terminations;
- Processes and enters staff updates in ADP including, but not limited to, title changes, salary changes, department and reporting changes;
- Maintains and updates the Boston Foundation organizational chart;
- Participates in and supports the Human Resources staff in event preparation and coordination. This includes, but is not limited to schedule coordination, providing technical support for presentations and ordering and coordinating food and refreshments, tracking attendance and sending out feedback and survey forms;
- Provides support throughout annual review and performance evaluation process by ensuring all forms are received, uploading ratings into HRIS system, scanning and filing reviews;
- Provides support during annual Open Enrollment by ensuring all forms are received, printing and distributing materials, organizing and filing benefit election forms, auditing HRIS system to ensure accuracy in changes under the direction of the Human Resources Generalist;
- Provides support for the recruiting function when needed, under the direction of the Director, Human Resources Staff Support, including, but not limited to, posting open positions online, interview scheduling, greeting candidates, hosting virtual interviews, and assisting with interview flow; and
- Supports annual 403(b) audit by pulling files and refiling as necessary, under the direction of the Human Resources Manager.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports HR Staff with other related tasks as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; and
- 1-3 year of administrative experience, Human Resources experience preferred.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Ability to be independent, proactive and able to work within tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to and manage detailed work;
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous priorities successfully;
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage own work load;
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Participative and collaborative work style;
- Ability to receive feedback in a positive manner;
- Professional and thoughtful interpersonal work style with the ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Experience and or ability to schedule and host virtual meeting s on Zoom or similar platform; and
- Experience with HRB/ADP preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work at a workstation and on a computer for long periods of time;
- Ability to work on-site and remotely, as required;
- Ability to lift and carry 5 to 10 pounds occasionally; and
- Ability to set up rooms for meetings; including moving chairs and tables.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.