Oversees day-to-day processing operations for gift receipts and grant disbursements.
- Oversees day-to-day communication with donors, banks and other internal departments;
- Supervises day-to-day gift receipts and grant disbursement processes;
- Supervises two Coordinators plus seasonal personnel as needed;
- Deals with complex issues and unique processing situations;
- Serves as primary contact for select donors;
- Is the go-to person for gift and grant regulatory questions for internal constituents;
- Assists in drafting regulation related explanation documents for external constituents;
- Reviews agreements and other document language to ensure compliance with policy;
- Monitors several news sources regularly for potential regulation changes (COF, IRS news releases, Boston Globe, Mass Inc., etc.);
- Performs monthly reconciliation of certain activity reports for receipts and disbursements to the general ledger;
- Reconciles other accounts and funds as required;
- Maintains specialized spreadsheet of activity for three or more high-touch accounts;
- Identifies and implements processing improvements;
- Forecasts and schedules processing resources needed on a quarterly basis;
- Performs research as needed;
- Compiles specialized data requests;
- Identifies enhancements and new reporting requirements and works with Programmer to test and implement;
- Serves as trainer for internal staff on systems used in processing;
- Responsible for troubleshooting on web system used in processing;
- Serves as team leader for design and implementation of grant processing website changes and upgrades;
- Identifies and participates in preparation of proposal for board vote language for changes in fund terms as needed (variance power votes);
- Coordinates with other departments for processing and program needs;
- Interfaces often with CFO and Controller regarding non-routine transactions;
- Assists the CFO & Controller with various financial reports and projects; and
- Assists with preparation of materials for the annual audit as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in a business related field (accounting or finance preferred);
- Minimum 6 years related work related experience with 2 years in a supervisory role;
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM; and
- Experience supervising staff.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills;
- Ability to understand and interpret tax code relative to charitable contributions and grants;
- Customer service experience;
- Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Attention to detail a must;
- Solid organizational skills;
- Ability to work with deadlines and time requirements;
- Ability to make decisions about how to manage and organize department priorities and workload;
- Participative work style; ability to give and receive feedback; and
- Mature interpersonal style; ability to interact with a diverse range of people.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.