Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Analyst is principally responsible for performing internal management reporting, variance analysis, development of financial forecasts, assisting with the annual budget process, and special projects. This individual also provides financial data and strategic support to senior management including preparing executive level presentations, financial presentations, financial analysis, benchmarking, and other projects as requested.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly departmental and initiative financial reports, performing preliminary review of activity to identify posting errors;
- Monitors Operational Department Budgets and Initiatives on a quarterly basis;
- Prepares meaningful variance analysis of actual vs. budget vs. forecast performance;
- Develops and implements financial models, forecasting tools and dashboards to improve process efficiencies and financial performance;
- Analyzes trends in operating results and the not-for-profit industry;
- Collaborates with technical staff to understand underlying source data and for financial reporting;
- Works closely with business units to understand drivers and appropriate metrics to develop customized reports for analysis and dashboards;
- Performs hands-on manipulation of data using Excel, Salesforce and other tools;
- Provides ongoing and ad-hoc analysis and translation of data to support operations;
- Assists in the redesign and streamlining of processes including implementation of new systems;
- Performs complex reconciliations and analysis;
- Provides support for financial audits; creates assigned footnote analysis; and
- Leads and/or supports assigned projects including cost study, survey participation, risk analysis.
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned, including tasks to support the operation of the Finance Department.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance field; or equivalent work experience; and
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial reporting and analysis in a professional work environment.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Demonstrated experience with interpreting transactional data and developing effective reports and graphs;
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (including Pivot Tables), Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce and other tools;
- Ability to present and explain information to a wide range of audiences;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy of reports;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines; and
- Ability to manage and organize own workload.
- Hybrid work model, flexible with in-office or remote work assignment. Quarterly in-office meetings required. Some in-office work may be required based on business need; and
- Ability to work at workstation and use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.