The Executive Assistant supports the Vice President for Programs by leveraging the Vice President’s role and impact both internally and externally. This is accomplished by managing his/her time to maximum effect and proactively ensuring appropriate involvement and engagement with external partners as well as TBF staff.
- Assist with managing department-related matters, including preparation of program department meetings, reconciling monthly operational expenses, presenting invoices for signature and other matters as assigned;
- Manage the VP for Programs’ calendar, and at times, attend meetings to provide additional support and follow-up on action items;
- Ensure timely and accurate communications internally and externally on behalf of the VP for Programs;
- Anticipate and manage preparation needs for meetings, and coordinate briefings with relevant staff;
- Serve as a principal editor and project manager for assembling the VP for Programs’ speeches, talking points, Op-Eds, articles, and other written works;
- Prepare and edit correspondence and memoranda for the VP for Programs’ review and signature, including Board-related materials and written resources (briefing materials) within the Senior Management Team; and
- Lead facilitation of programmatic reporting for Program Committee Board Meetings, which includes creating the agenda, reviewing and compiling reports to form the Program Committee Board Book, and marshaling presentation materials for the meeting.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Excellent writing skills and proven track record of collecting, synthesizing and structuring multiple sources of information and analysis in various formats to inform actions;
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent data and computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Windows suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience with Concur a plus;
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills;
- Strong initiative and ability to anticipate, multitask and prioritize without direct supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks in a timely manner under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to handle confidential matters in a discreet manner; and
- Mature, interpersonal style and ability to interact well with a diverse range of people.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to work remotely and on-site, as required.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.