Perform administrative and logistical duties for the President & CEO and the Office of the President. Play a central role in helping to organize and enhance the President’s role and effectiveness internally and externally. Serve as a key liaison and gatekeeper for the President.
- Manage, organize, and maintain President's extensive calendar;
- Ensure that President’s schedule aligns with the evolving strategic priorities of the organization and that appropriate senior managers and other staff are engaged on key tasks, projects, and initiatives;
- Provide a visible presence in the Office of the President and be accessible to internal and external stakeholders including members of the Senior Management Team, Board of Directors, political and civic leaders;
- Welcome visitors;
- Provide administrative support for meetings;
- Coordinate and compile items for President’s daily briefing folder, working closely with the Special Assistant and other staff to ensure President is briefed and prepared for speaking engagements, meetings and conferences;
- Manage all President's phone calls; respond to requests for information and take accurate and complete messages; delegate action and follow up on messages; implement and maintain call tracking system;
- Make all travel arrangements for President and produce detailed itineraries for complex, frequent, and often-changing travel schedules;
- Reconcile expenses and submit expense reports in a timely manner for President’s signature;
- Manage all President’s correspondence including opening, reading, scanning, prioritizing and distributing all correspondence for action and follow-up; where appropriate, draft suitable responses to correspondences for President’s review and signature; as much as possible, ensure follow-through to ensure completion;
- Draft correspondence, memoranda, and other documents on a timely, error-free basis for President's signature;
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality with respect to the President and the Office of the President;
- Prepare and maintain President’s project files;
- Coordinate and maintain key systems, including extensive contacts database, call log, meetings log, weekly read file, and update contacts in Foundation Power;
- Proofread and edit various documents and/or correspondence generated by President;
- Maintain and update the filing of all correspondence that comes through the President’s office;
- Maintain list of and materials related to the various Boards the President sits on;
- Work with key staff to provide administrative support for various Board and Subcommittee meetings as needed; and
- Maintain regular attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of ten years related executive assistant work experience; and
- Previous experience as an Executive Assistant to a Senior Manager or CEO.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including telephone skills;
- Superb organizational skills;
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel;
- Mature interpersonal style; ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
- Resiliency to absorb needs and challenges and a whatever-it-takes attitude to achieve results;
- Willingness to be proactive to address and anticipate personal needs;
- Patience and flexibility to meet demands of a constantly changing schedule;
- Sense of humor;
- Ability to make decisions about how to manage and organize own workload;
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines; and
- Participative work style; ability to receive feedback in a positive and productive manner;
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to work on-site and remotely, as required.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.