The Executive Assistant, reporting to the President, will be an integral member of the growing NCF team, and responsible for serving as a point-person, resource, and ambassador for the office of the President and NCF.
- Calendaring and Meetings
- Maintain daily appointment calendar and schedule all meetings for the President;
- Coordinate calendaring activities with key stakeholders, Board members, and team members;
- Prepare relevant materials for meetings a week prior, including agendas, packets, key data points for the President; and
- Attend select meetings and track critical information, including Board of Director meeting minutes.
- Streamlining Information
- Research topics as assigned by the President in a timely manner as to inform decisions;
- Compile relevant materials for the Board of Directors detailing activities of NCF; and
- Establish and maintain accurate paper and electronic filing systems with a constant eye toward improving efficiency and keeping files streamlined, up-to-date, and shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Communication Support
- Receive and screen visitors, both scheduled and unexpected;
- Receive, open, and sort daily mail, calls, and incoming paperwork for signature;
- During times when the President is out of the office, ensure prompt and appropriate response to time sensitive matters and otherwise manage daily operations of the office; and
- Draft correspondence to Board of Directors, Committees, and other key stakeholders.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned;
- Make Travel arrangements for the President as required;
- Prepare expense reports and travel authorization forms; and
- Active participate in full NCF team activities.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- 3-5 years of related administrative experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment while still producing quality work;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal with internal and external contract at all levels with poise and diplomacy;
- High level of request for confidentiality and sensitive matters;
- Excellent research, written, and verbal communications skills required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with diverse groups required;
- Computer skills, particularly MS platforms, including, Word, Outlook, Excel, and Google Suites;
- Passion for and commitment to racial equity and social justice;
- Able to communicate clearly and with diverse communities;
- Commitment to contributing to an overall organizational culture of learning and wellbeing;
- Capacity to integrate into all functional areas while autonomously leading one’s work;
- Ability to work with evolving priorities and timelines;
- A can-do and will-do attitude, i.e., no task is too high level nor too basic;
- The ability to organize, express, and communicate ideas in a clear, succinct, and accurate manner;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet organizational deadlines; and
- Excellent research skills and ability to think outside the box while completing tasks.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work for long periods of time at a workstation;
- Ability to use a computer monitor and keyboard for long periods of time;
- Ability to travel across the state to meet with key partners; and
- Ability to work onsite and remotely, as required.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.