The Events Production Associate is an integral member of the events team working directly with the Director of Forums and Convenings and in collaboration with the Associate Vice President, Communications and Digital Media to assist in planning primarily virtual events on behalf of internal and external partners. Job responsibilities include operational and administrative activities, event planning and scheduling, partner and participant support, and event webpage maintenance.
This role requires an enthusiastic, proactive individual with outstanding skills for communication, organization and collaboration.
- Organizes and coordinates the production and execution of virtual events;
- Builds event webpages prior to publicizing;
- Draft digital marketing materials for events to drive attendance;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal teams and event participants regarding deadlines, agenda revisions, registration lists, etc.;
- Coordinate with key partners and schedule prep meetings for event participants within a week of the event;
- Provide “onsite” technical support for virtual events;
- Correspond with accessibility vendors in preparation for and during events;
- Process panelist stipends;
- Develop post-event materials featuring key takeaways with links to videos and presentations;
- Lead the evaluation and feedback process post-event and to implement changes and improvements;
- Contribute to an environment of teamwork, cooperation, performance excellence and personal success;
- Maintain accurate database/CRM records; complete all post-event reporting in a timely manner; and
- Provide technical assistance to Boston Foundation staff as needed for participating in external virtual events.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- 2+ years prior experience (internships included) in communications, event planning, and/or nonprofit-related field preferred.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Proficiency in Zoom, Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Google Suite, and Adobe Suite strongly preferred;
- Ability to learn, and work effectively in, new software and online platforms;
- Initiative, problem-solving, communication and organizational skills will be critical for success in this position;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Ability to work well with others on a team, but also to work independently;
- Confident, energetic, and flexible;
- Able to deal effectively with stressful situations;
- Highly detail oriented;
- Proven multi-tasking and time management skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to work well under deadlines.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work at workstation for long periods of time;
- Ability to use computer keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to work on site and remotely, as required.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.