The Donor Services Assistant provides organizational and logistical support to the Donor Services team, with additional administrative assistance for members of the Development & Donor Services department.
Depending on work flow this position will work varied days, 3 to 5 days a week, Monday through Friday.
- Assists with coordination of gift acknowledgement letter process for all Boston Foundation donors from President, Vice President, Senior Director or other staff as appropriate, in collaboration with the Manager and Assistant of Donor Services;
- Provides key administrative support to, and maintains prospect, donor and fund records in Salesforce database; ensures timely entry of activities;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to implement and uphold data integrity protocols to ensure accurate reporting and inform departmental activities;
- Assists with occasional events in the mornings (prior to 9:00am) and evenings (after 5:00pm);
- Coordinates mailings and distribution of invitations and newsletters;
- Fields donor and prospect inquiries via telephone, correspondence and email;
- Compiles reports and materials for presentations;
- Provides general administrative support to other DDS department team members as requested.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent; and
- At least 3 years of office-based administrative work experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Solid organization skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products - especially Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point; Salesforce or other database experience strongly preferred;
- Excellent data management and reporting skills;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills;
- Professional and mature interpersonal work style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
- Ability to adjust work activity to various management styles;
- Ability to make decisions regarding organizing own workload and managing multiple tasks;
- Must be independent, proactive and able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Participatory work style; team player and sense of humor; ability to give and receive feedback;
- Willingness and ability to work outside the regularly scheduled work day as needed;
- Strong goal orientation with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities; and
- Willingness and ability to handle confidential information.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, occasionally.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.