The Donor Relations Manager should have a strong track record of forging new and sustaining existing relationships, demonstrated success with expanding financial resources, coupled with a passion for racial and economic justice. As a key member of the External Affairs Team, The Donor Relations Manager will play a critical role in continuing to grow Embrace Boston’s partnerships and philanthropic efforts. The primary focus is working strategically with colleagues to qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward prospective and existing donors; including maximizing donor engagement and philanthropic commitments.
- In partnership with the External Affairs team, contribute towards the organization's annual operating budget of $5M and various campaigns;
- Responsible for measuring results of individual donors’ giving activities including retentions, upgrades, and new gifts;
- Develop and execute tailored and compelling engagement plans for prospective and existing donors, while deepening partnerships and increasing revenue;
- Expand revenue through workplace giving campaign, matching gifts from executives and their employees;
- Manage the process by which a prospective donor is moved from cultivation to solicitation (moves management), expand the pipeline of major funders, while prioritizing and engaging attendees of the Embrace Unveiling and Gala as well as the Embrace Ideas Festival;
- Manage Embrace Boston’s monthly giving program and annual fund;
- Ensure timely and accurate data tracking in Salesforce; and
- Represent Embrace Boston externally, including participating in events and various initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned related to Embrace Boston’s mission; and
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 3 years in nonprofit fundraising or equivalent related experience;
- Demonstrated success meeting or exceeding fundraising goals;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple details and priorities, in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficiency in Salesforce or other Customer Relations Management (CRM) platform preferred;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products required; and
- Experience with Adobe Suite and social media platforms preferred.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to work interdependently and independently in a collaborative environment;
- Ability to follow a task through to completion, proactively reporting on progress;
- Strategic thinker with impeccable ability to problem solve;
- Demonstrated ability to foster strong relationships with stakeholders;
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in managing all aspects of utilization of Salesforce and various donor engagement platforms;
- Proficiency developing and executing best practice moves management processes;
- Demonstrated ability to comprehensively identify, analyze, and effectively segment and prioritize donors to increase philanthropic support and engagement;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills,
- Excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills;
- Demonstrate accountability, including ability to consistently meet goals, and produce results; and
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work at workstation for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time;
- Ability to work remotely and on-site as required; and
- Willingness and ability to work outside the regularly scheduled workday as needed.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.