Responsible for planning, directing and managing the information technology systems in order to ensure the development and implementation of secure and cost-effective systems and efficient computer operations to meet current and future decision-making requirements.
- Provides direction and thought leadership to the Foundation relative to state-of-the-art use of technology, information and knowledge management strategies; identifies business and operational needs and translates those needs into technology decisions and business systems;
- Leads systems projects utilizing a project lifecycle methodology;
- Develops measurement programs to evaluate systems utilization, training needs and IT suppliers;
- Leads and manages the IT acquisition process by identifying and reviewing recommendations and deploying assets to ensure they are consistent with the business plan of the organization;
- Directs the design, development and maintenance of systems, programs, and systems software to meet management's information needs;
- Supervises other Information Technology positions to ensure they effectively contribute to information and technology management;
- Develops policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing and to safeguard information resources;
- Maintains knowledge of developments in the area of systems and hardware and makes recommendations for future systems to the organization;
- Serves as leader of Technology Steering Committee;
- Regularly reviews and evaluates software and hardware;
- Acts as liaison with customized ERP software vendor;
- Designs and establishes disaster recovery procedures to ensure retrieval of all data and system software;
- Provides on-site technical support for PCs, laptops and mobile devices by proactively troubleshooting and diagnosing issues;
- Designs, establishes and delivers a systems training program for new employees and ongoing training for existing employees; and
- Manages third-party service providers.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer field or equivalent experience; Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred; and
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience with systems design and networking in a professional work environment.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Demonstrated experience with systems lifecycle methodologies, project management and IT risk management;
- Strong working knowledge of networking, systems design, problem analysis and hardware;
- Well-informed on emerging technologies;
- Advanced aptitude in Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook;
- Strong knowledge in Network security, remote access, Internet and voice mail systems and Cloud computing;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Ability to distill technical information to a wide range of audiences;
- Ability to make decisions about how to manage and organize own workload;
- Participative work style; ability to give and receive feedback; and
- Mature interpersonal style; ability interact calmly with a diverse range of people.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work at a workstation for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a computer monitor and keyboard for long periods of time; and
- Ability to carry up to 25 pounds.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.