The Digital Media and Narrative Producer (DMNP) to work collaboratively as part of the Embrace Boston Programs Team. Embrace Boston is committed to counter-narrative work that centers joy, cultivates a culture of repair, and provides expansive histories about Black and other marginalized communities. Our digital platforms, which include but are not limited to social media, website/microsite(s), podcasts, films, are key vehicles in our multidimensional approach to addressing the harms caused by anti-Black racism in Boston and ultimately across the country.
The DMNP will implement Embrace Boston’s digital media strategies to amplify its impact across the city and region in building a more equitable Boston. The DMPN must be highly motivated, a skilled writer, strategic thinker, experienced in analytics, and capable of crafting and executing successful digital media campaigns to drive awareness, action, accountability, audience growth, donations, and overall engagement.
- Directing and producing media content for primarily short-form and sometimes long-form storytelling;
- Curate content related to racial justice and equity work, including reporting out key initiatives and exciting work happening at Embrace Boston and around the country;
- Organize complex source materials including qualitative and quantitative critical race research into coherent multimedia pieces, from web video to audio content, based on Embrace’s mission and values;
- Create photo and video content and update files on servers;
- Create production timelines and storyboards;
- Create promotional toolkits that can be leveraged internally and externally;
- Use data analytics to drive engagement, increase/sustain engagement, and reporting out to team;
- Always be committed to workplace culture and collaboration by working collaboratively with team members; and
- Represent Embrace Boston externally.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, digital media, advertising, design or a related field or equivalent related experience; and
- 3-5 years of experience managing digital, social, and technology solutions and delivery across multiple platforms.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Present an established portfolio of samples related to social media, marketing, and graphic design;
- Experience measuring and analyzing digital and communication analytics;
- Experience using data to drive content development, strategy, and decision making;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Squarespace, HTML, Adobe Suite, Canva, or other digital content and graphic design programs; and
- Demonstrated understanding, commitment, and application of racial equity and inclusion principles.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills;
- Ability to manage several projects successfully while also managing day-to-day priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Keen attention to detail,
- Able to deliver work product that is accurate, error-free and on deadline;
- Must thrive in a diverse, high-paced, multi-faceted environment;
- Must be eager to contribute to a growing and evolving organization;
- Ability to work interdependently and independently in a collaborative environment;
- Ability to follow a task through to completion, proactively reporting on progress;
- Strategic thinker with impeccable ability to problem solve;
- Proficiency and experience in managing all aspects of utilization across social media platforms;
- Ability to consistently meet goals, and produce results;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion; and
- Ability to work with evolving priorities and timelines.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time;
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds, occasionally;
- Ability to work remotely and on-site as required; and
- Willingness and ability to work outside the regularly scheduled workday 5-10 times a month.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.