The intern will assist with creating and implementing communications strategies for the Haiti Development Institute (HDI) and planning the 5th Haiti Funders Conference.
- Create social media strategy for HDI;
- Create social media posts;
- Create photography guide for Haiti program staff to best show field work;
- Draft blog posts, newsletter content and annual report segments on nonprofit partners and HDI work/results; and
- Contribute to website development and maintenance.
- Research online conference hosting platforms and assist with choice;
- Design and maintain conference website and assist with developing all conference; communications materials including event description, program agenda, logistics information, invitations;
- Create registration system for conference;
- Design conference evaluation materials;
- Create social media strategy for conference;
- Assist with coordination of the work of the conference planning committee; and
- Solicit sponsors to fund conference.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intern may perform other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, administrative and programmatic support across HDI’s operations; and
- May contribute to development of training materials and production of capacity assessments, and translation of materials, if fluent in French and/or Haitian Creole,
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Familiarity or interest in international development, philanthropy and/or nonprofit management;
- Social media or other communications experience preferred; and
- Event planning or project management experience desired.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Highly organized with excellent project management skills;
- Hard-working, self motivated, and good organizational skills;
- Able to demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong proven research skills;
- Experience and demonstrated skill using Windows Office Suite programs;
- Experience and demonstrated skill using Social media platforms a plus (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.); and
- Familiarity and experience using; website hosting platforms, mass mailing platforms, graphic design software and video editing programs a plus.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
This position works remotely.