With the Senior Director, Communications and Digital Media, the Associate is primarily responsible for creating, managing, and promoting content for the Foundation’s online social media channels and communities, as well as assisting in the production and distribution of marketing collateral. Social media management is the primary focus of this role; however, the ideal candidate will also have the skills to help develop multimedia content for the Foundation.
- Manage the Boston Foundation’s social media, including day-to-day leadership and implementation of Foundation’s social media marketing efforts on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and other platforms;
- Manage multimedia assets of the Foundation, including videos, posted on external platforms, including Vimeo, YouTube and others;
- Work with the Senior Director, Communications and Digital Media, to maintain and regularly update digital content on TBF.org and other digital platforms;
- Support the work of the Senior Director, Communications and Digital Media to place articles about the organization's initiatives in traditional and new media;
- Maintain files of coverage of the Boston Foundation in traditional and electronic media;
- Provide social media advice to Grantee organizations on occasion;
- Provide social media and other support as assigned for Boston Foundation events;
- Monitor and respond to social media inquiries in a professional and timely manner;
- Measure and report on social media metrics;
- As part of the Boston Foundation’s Communications and Marketing team, write marketing copy for a variety of channels including email communications, video descriptions, and other web content; and
- Work to maintain TBF’s consistent brand voice in all marketing communications, implementing best practices developed with agencies and consultants.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor's or Associate’s degree preferred; and
- At least 1 to 3 years relevant experience preferred.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Demonstrated understanding of and expertise running social media campaigns;
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated skill in copyediting and proofreading;
- Superb editorial judgment - this person will be acting as the voice of TBF on social media, and must be able to handle that responsibility with grace and professionalism;
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment as well as independently;
- Must have the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously with great efficiency and attention to detail;
- Experience managing and using social media as a part of an overall organizational communications strategy, ideally in a nonprofit/philanthropic setting; and
- Understanding of social media management software, media databases, and analytics tools such as Google Analytics a plus.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands: examples below
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds occasionally.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.