The Assistant Director of Programmatic Events, reporting to the Deputy Director, Programs at Embrace Boston, will develop and manage the backbone of Programmatic Events, with a focus on managing and being the lead on Everyone250, Embrace Ideas Festival and the Signature Series. This role manages a rapid flow of work, handling many daily tasks spanning multiple projects, with a need to toggle between big picture, long-term strategic priorities, and time sensitive details.
While this role will evolve in relationship to the organization’s development and external affairs, there will always be significant logistical, organizational, and administrative components to the role. The Assistant Director of Programmatic Events will help represent the organization as needed at external events and meetings.
- Participate in all aspects of development and external affairs work, including direct marketing, major gifts, grants, events, communications, and media strategy;
- Manage events and event logistics;
- Provide administrative and strategic support to a rapid flow of projects and as needed fundraising efforts;
- Help create and amplify the organization’s communications to relevant stakeholders and partners, particularly through crafting presentations, reports, and postings on social media;
- Manage processes and tools (i.e., Salesforce, Excel, etc.) for tracking and analyzing key data and information;
- Create, edit and format various types of documentation and complex correspondence, including letters, presentation decks, meeting minutes and agendas;
- Create and standardize processes and materials to ensure consistency;
- Provide administrative and project management support and leadership for internal and external meetings;
- Conduct research to support institutional and major donor engagement strategies;
- Assist with managing and generating contact lists for newsletters, appeals or other mailings; and
- Assist with coordinating special signatures, and special notes and support special projects.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Five to seven years relevant experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in working with and presenting to Embrace Boston’s Boards of Directors and external stakeholders;
- A seasoned, energetic and flexible individual with professional experience and aptitude;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality/discretion at all times;
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks in a competent and professional manner in a fast paced atmosphere with frequent interruptions;
- Accountability for timely completion of responsibilities;
- Ability to influence others;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to solve problems independently with limited direction from supervisor;
- Mature, interpersonal manner with ability to interact calmly with a diverse group of people;
- A team player that can motivate peers and reports and enhance overall team spirit;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation style;
- An innovative, driven and effective person with a “can do” attitude and participative work style; and
- A goal-oriented person who can plan for the long-term and execute stated objectives.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work at workstation for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time;
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds, occasionally;
- Ability to work remotely and on-site as required; and
- Willingness and ability to work outside the regularly scheduled workday as needed.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.