Provides grants administration support for the Open Door Grants program as a member of the Program Department’s Grants Management team. Working under the supervision of the Manager, Open Door Grants, this position is responsible for importing grant applications into the database, responding to phone and email inquiries from potential and actual grant applicants, providing staff and external review teams with application materials and grant reports, following up with applicants throughout the review process and processing payments for awarded grants.
- Processes grant applications and reports using online grants management system (IGAM, FoundationPower, SmartSimple), SQL reports, Salesforce, and SurveyMonkey
- Manages and tracks open applications for the Open Door Grants program, including following up on proposals with applicants, grantees and program staff and ongoing maintenance and tracking of due diligence rubrics and surveys;
- Processes grants and installments for payment, including managing DocuSign communications and tracking all grant payments using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Teams; and
- Supports the design and implementation of the new grants management system;
- Communicates externally, with grantees, applicants and potential applicants of the Open Door Grants program regarding grants and grant processes;
- Communicates internally, particularly with Program staff and proposal review teams;
- Provides reports, responses to inquiries and grant histories to internal staff as requested;
- Participates in proposal review processes for special grantmaking programs such as Open Door Grants, Equality Fund, Latino Legacy Fund as available.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent; and
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Intermediate level skills working with Microsoft Office products especially Excel;
- Quick to learn new software and processes;
- Database experience strongly preferred;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Able to work with minimal supervision;
- Able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Reliable and punctual, possessing strong time management skills;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Participative and proactive work style; and
- Mature interpersonal style, ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of people.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Long periods sitting at a computer, but with flexibility to stretch or move about freely as needed.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.