The Administrative Officer plays a central role in organizing and leveraging the Executive Director, King Boston’s impact both internally and externally and also provides strategic operational, administrative and programmatic support to the Executive team of King Boston. This role manages a rapid flow of work, handling many tasks daily spanning multiple projects, with a need to toggle between big picture, long-term strategic priorities and time sensitive details. The Administrative Officer represents the Executive Director, King Boston by facilitating meetings and otherwise acting as a proxy when needed and is the principal liaison between the Executive Director and Advisory Board.
While this role may evolve in relationship to King Boston’s development, there will always be significant project management and administrative components to the role. This is a work from home position.
- Project manage the Executive Director’s workload, helping to prioritize tasks and manage the Executive Team’s project work plans. This includes direct scheduling and holding final responsibility for managing the Executive Director’s daily calendar and logistics, scheduling Executive Team member related meetings as requested and serving as the first point of contact with partners, projects, and prospects;
- Strategically manage the Executive Director, King Boston’s emails and calls to align with organizational priorities. Must respond in a timely manner and/or pass information and communications along to appropriate team members;
- Principal liaison between the Executive Director, King Boston and the Advisory Board;
- Develop, prepare and edit the Executive Director’s communications to relevant stakeholders and partners, particularly through crafting presentations and reports;
- Build and manage processes and tools (i.e. Salesforce, Excel, etc.) for tracking, storing, and analyzing key data and information;
- Prepare, format and edit various types of documentation and complex correspondence, including letters, meeting minutes and agendas, reports, publications and statistical data;
- Provide administrative, strategic and logistical support to a rapid flow of projects and fundraising efforts;
- Provide administrative and project management leadership for internal and external meetings and events, including Advisory Board meetings and fundraising events;
- Participates in various King Boston internal meetings, including program planning, resource utilization, and scheduling; and
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience or in a role with transferable skills;
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Exceptional demonstrated project management skills;
- Extremely well-organized with strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and skills;
- Ability to work independently and with a team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience communicating with a wide range of audiences and able to present key information in an engaging way in terms of both language and visual presentation;
- Demonstrated research skills, including ability to identify facts and pursue additional relevant information;
- Ability to develop insights from relevant data;
- Resourceful practice in successful approaches to designing solutions, building relationships, and solving problems;
- Ability to understand organizational structure and dynamics in order to make sound recommendations and choices for how to prioritize the Executive Director’s time;
- A can-do and will-do attitude, i.e. no task is too high level nor too basic;
- Professional and mature interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of people;
- Proficient in Google applications (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Gmail) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in using Salesforce or a comparable database, Zoom, mass email marketing systems as well as the ability to learn new software;
- Commitment to contributing to the overall organizational culture;
- Passion for racial and economic justice;
- Prefer a deep awareness, understanding, and connection to the Boston community, including connections to community based organizations and leaders;
- Capacity to integrate into all functional areas while autonomously leading one’s work;
- Ability to prioritizing tasks and meet organizational deadlines;
- Ability to work with evolving priorities;
- Ability to work under pressure of tight timelines;
- Demonstrated ability to build, nurture and facilitate diverse and democratic partnerships; and
- Participative work style; team player and ability to give and receive feedback.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work at a computer station for long periods of time; and
- Remote position, must be able and available to work remotely.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants and position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. If any, reasonable accommodation will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management's discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.